Alrighty, I just finished my last card that I had in my head for this challenge! A square wreath with beautiful springy colors using Mini Blooms. I decided to use Bountiful Banners as well to put in the middle popped up instead of the sentiment being lower inside the wreath.
That mini blooms set is beautiful to personalize the colors, but definitely takes some time! I do love the finished product. There's tons of die cuts, stamps and colors but it still looks like a simple beautiful card.
Ok, back again! This card is a slight trip off track from my other cards! As I was die cutting frames to use as bases to construct wreaths, it made me think. To me the wreath is more of a frame. They can be any shape or size, just be pretty to look at or hold something inside, or both!
And that's where this card sprang out of!
I used the main die from Fabulous frames in the center of a 4"x5.25" black paper, inked & die cut the hello and attached across it, than made a "wreath" out of the word bubbles from Bubble Talk.
I'm so loving neon right now, so I wanted to use that to contrast the black & white.
*All supplies from PTI, except Hero Arts neon ink pads.
Hello again! I just had to finish up this card so it didn't take long. For this fall leaf wreath (try saying that 10 times fast!) I used the oval frame from the hydrangeas set as a base and covered it in die cut leaves from the squirrel dies.
I stamped the card front with the herringbone background in versamark as well as the little leaf by the sentiment.
Hello! This month's PTI blog hop challenge is: wreaths. It took me awhile to narrow down my options here to get to the card & I still couldn't stop at one idea, so I'll be sharing a couple more through the day! But, for my first card I went with a winter snowflake wreath.
I used a 1.75" punch to make that cute tag into a shaker as well as a perfect circle to put my snowflakes around for a winter wreath!
With a white on white chevron cover plate card front, snowflake covered sentiment banner and that cute little snow globe snowman!
I think I'm working on the seasons backwards because my next wreath has a fall theme! Check back soon!
Ok, I'm back with my 2nd take in the weeks MIM technique. I have to say, I love how this turned out as well as the finished card!
This time for the striped embossing, I took a die cut "thank you" in white and pressed the whole thing into my versamark pad. Than I did the technique as usual- using a post it note to pour embossing powders on one by one.
I than just heat it as usual. I love how the embossing powder covering the entire diecut makes it look almost like a plastic embellishment or glossy sticker!
The background for my card front was stamped using only one stamp from Irresistibly Ikat in harvest gold, orange zest, terra cotta tile and new leaf inks.
The embossed die cut was than glued to a strip of terra cotta tile and a button attached before adhering to a terracotta tile card base.
I just love how this turned out! Love the colors, background and cool embossing! It's great when that happens when you start out just trying something new!
This week's MIM technique was featured by Betsy, striped embossing! Such a fun technique. I've been playing around with it and came up with a few projects so far, but I've got lots of ideas for using it with Christmas cards as well!
My first project was these cute Halloween Tags for little treat bags (which I ran out of) but you can still see the tags with all the work! :)
I used three different Halloween color combos as well as three stamp sets, Polka dot parade for the "boo", Mr.Bones for the jack'o'lantern and Tiny Treats Halloween for the Frankie & candy corn! The shapes are fussy cut and popped up with foam.
Please look above for my next post using this technique in another way that I love the results of!
This weeks PTI MIM is to use fabric backing and dies for a project. I decided to make my own gift bag.
I started by ironing heat'n bond lite on the back of a bunch of fabric squares (by Basic Grey). Then I die cut balloons, happy, birthday and the star border (all from PTI).
I cut a rectangle on the fold of some muslin fabric (so I wouldn't have to see the bottom). Before sewing the bag, I ironed on all the die cuts and ran stitches over them and for balloon strings.
To sew the bags, I sewed about 3/4" seam across the top (front & back) to hold the lace ribbon for tying closed, than sewed up the sides to the bottom of the ribbon pockets. Turn right side out, shimmy some lace or ribbon through & tie shut! Easy peasy! :)