Sunday, September 15, 2013

MIM #131 Take 2!

Ok, I'm back with my 2nd take in the weeks MIM technique. I have to say, I love how this turned out as well as the finished card!
This time for the striped embossing, I took a die cut "thank you" in white and pressed the whole thing into my versamark pad. Than I did the technique as usual- using a post it note to pour embossing powders on one by one.
I than just heat it as usual. I love how the embossing powder covering the entire diecut makes it look almost like a plastic embellishment or glossy sticker!
The background for my card front was stamped using only one stamp from Irresistibly Ikat in harvest gold, orange zest, terra cotta tile and new leaf inks.
The embossed die cut was than glued to a strip of terra cotta tile and a button attached before adhering to a terracotta tile card base.
I just love how this turned out! Love the colors, background and cool embossing! It's great when that happens when you start out just trying something new!

Hugs- Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment