Monday, December 9, 2013

Day 1: Growing in Unity Week!

Hello! I'm thrilled this week to be Unity's Growing in Unity girl! I've been a big fan of Unity Stamp Co. (& it's super sweet owners) since the very beginning. They are a great team, great products & they're local to me which even makes them more awesome! :)
For day one today, I decided to break out a new Valentine set Candy Hearts. I just got this set in my last order so I knew I was going to use it sometime this week, why not today?!
To begin, I knew I would want to stamp some of the little hearts "inside" the candy box, so I made a mask for the box:

I than stamped the little hearts inside and cut around the outside of the box with my trimmer.
I wanted this to stand out on the card, so for the background I decided to use all reds (all Christmas papers out for my Christmas crafting!) to do a cool background that would be unique but not compete with the softer colors of the candy box.


A few little epoxy dots, pop up the Candy Hearts box with some foam tape and all done!
I hope you'll visit every day this week for a little Growing in Unity fun! And since we all knew Unity is super awesome- of course they are offering up a prize of an Itty Bitty of winners choice to someone who comments on my Growing in Unity posts here this week! So leave a comment each day for the most chances to win & I'll draw a winner this Saturday!
Thanks for stopping!

Hugs,
Kelly

16 comments:

  1. Sweet card. Love the paper you used for the background. Congrats on being the GIU Gal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very sweet! I Iike your scrappy background. And how lucky are you that Unity is local to you???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're amazing and I love your card its super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card. The background compliments the candy box perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute with the candy box. Love the creative background you made. Very cool effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute valentine! Love the quilted look of the background! Love the sweet heart box!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your GIU week, Kelly. Fun design! The starburst dp really draws the eye to the candy box image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your candy hearts card! Sweet!
    Congrats of your GIU week.... looking forward to checking out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the quilted look and the sweet colors.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is so sweet!!!! Love how you did the background and the fun masking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful! Love the masking and that super fun background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, too sweet! What a great card! Congrats on being this week's GIU girl! :)

    ReplyDelete