Sunday, August 22, 2010

Challenge Me Monday #23: Lake Girls

I don't know if I forgot about the great challenges at the Fantabulous Cricut: Challenge Blog or if I just haven't visited in awhile, but I had to finish this weeks challenge when I saw someone post about it today.

This weeks challenge was: The Great Outdoors. I've been very un-scrappy this summer- or just uncreative period. It's been such a crazy summer getting ready for all 3 kids to head off to school for the first time.

My youngest, Lucas, is developmentally disabled and is headed to kindergarten this year. It's been a big challenge dealing with all the issues that come up sending a young, special needs kid to school. He'll be attending a different school than his brother did & his sister does. So, i'll have 2 elementary kids at different schools, plus my oldest at Jr.High.

Anyway, for obvious reasons I've been a little preoccupied this summer and haven't crafted nearly as much as usual or as needed for my sanity :)

So, here's my challenge project:
The coloring's a bit off due to a late-night photo shoot :), but the papers are Cosmo Cricket's Snorkel line, the main polka dot paper for the background is yellow.
I used my Gypsy to put together my layout before doing all the cutting, so I used a few different cartridges. Grafically Speaking was used for the notebook edge largest circle as well as the plain circles. Life is a Beach for the wave border. The Girls is from the Farm Life cartridge. After cutting everything, I inked all the edges of my cuts with the Papertrey Ink tea duo inks.

Thanks for stopping! Off to view everyone elses amazing projects for this challenge!

Hugs- Kelly

3 comments:

  1. I Love that layout.....so pretty and simple too!

    Thanks for being Fantabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great papers! I love the fringed edge on the side of the cirle too. What a great touch!
    Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design on this! I love the way you did your title, too!

    ReplyDelete