Monday, May 25, 2009

Papertrey Ink May Blog Hop!!!



Tonight is the Papertrey Ink May blog hop! So much fun to see everyone's creations! There's a simple card I have in mind I'm going to try to complete soon that fits this months challenge as well, but for now, this is the challenge and my take on it!


May Blog Hop

Spring and summer tend to be the most colorful out of the four seasons. One color in particular that evokes the warmer weather is yellow!!! Your challenge this month is to use this trendsetting color to the best of it's potential! You can use it in small pieces as an accent or as the main color. Experiment & play, discovering new color combos that perhaps you hadn't thought of before. No matter what, just have fun and enjoy the feeling of happiness that this cheerful color evokes


So for my project I worked on a goodie box for my son's 2 bus drivers as an end of the year gift. I used the new lunchbox template from Lauren as my base.
I used punches for the windows and wheels and used scor-tape to put acetate behind the window openings. I used my label-maker to put the school listing on the side of the bus.
This is my first attempt, so I'm thinking of ways to fancy it up even more, I'm thinking i'll probably do some work with some background PTI stamp sets for my next attempt. I'm thinking i'll also add black circles to the front of the bus with large round clear gems to simulate headlights.
Thanks for stopping!
Hugs- Kelly

33 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness -- totally C-L-E-V-E-R! I know they'll LOVE these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you clever gsl you!!! so darn cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea - they will surely enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, how darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so clever!

    My son loves the school bus!

    I am sure the drivers are going to really appreciate this heartfelt gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow so cute! Love that you changed it into a bus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute project! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG what a great modification of the lunch box template - so so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you are such an out of the box thinker! Lauren will get such a kick out of this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute!! and very ingenious!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Genius idea- now I'm embarrassed to have my project posted (I used the same template). Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a great idea! Wow, you went to a lot of work to make those gifts. I'm sure they'll like them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ack! Holey Camole Macarole!!! This is toooo cute! You should send a link to Lauren, if she doesn't stop by tonight. I'll bet she would be tickled that you saw such a great fun way to use her template!!! :>

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh!! You made a bus out of the template!! What a totally clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that's fantastic!!! Brilliant idea :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Way too cute and clever. What a thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my, so clever!! Any bus driver would love it, I am sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Shut up!!!! You are so darn creative I can hardly handle it.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is just darling! what a great idea. tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great idea! The bus drivers will love their gifts!

    ReplyDelete