Tuesday, August 25, 2009

PTI Blog Hop!


Time for the August PTI bloghop! I just love the monthly bloghops, it's so great to see all the different projects that come out of the same challenge. This month the challenge was all about Autumn! Using the Autumn season as inspiration in whichever way you choose. Well, I had another idea in mind, but after seeing hundreds of acorns under a huge tree at the park the other day, I was inspired to do this simple card:



Using Heather's Beyond Basic Borders for the leafy branches, I used brown rhinestones as little glittery acorns! I stamped the branches in New Leaf and the sentiment in Dark Chocolate. Some twine wrapped several times around the top & that's it!

A nice, simple, but gorgeous card. It would be fun to do the same pattern, but use different sentiments to make a card set as a gift.

Thanks for stopping! Till next hop! :)

Hugs- Kelly

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Kelly!
    Happy Blog-hopping! :)

    -teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I *love* simple, elegant designs.

    TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bling and jute. What a simple and sweet card. You really projected the warmth of the autumn season.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So simple and elegant! I love your layout and the bling is soooo pretty!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the rhinestones for acorns. And the twine at the top. I think it's a great one layer card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that touch of twine at the top. Neat CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful, love your glittery acorns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Miss Kelly - - love the little glittery acorns...great fall idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great elegant card, love the sparkly acorns!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, this is so clean and simple!! I love it!! I really like the twill at the top!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your CAS style. This quite elegant!

    ReplyDelete