Monday, May 30, 2011

Cricut Circle May Monthly Challenge!

This month's monthly challenge is "tic-tac-toe". There's a tic tac toe board with different elements in each square and you need to pick three in a row and incorporate them into a project. I chose these three: Any patterned paper must be from Imagine, Use a bird shape, use buttons somewhere.

Here's what I came up with:



I used the Imagine Buccaneer cartridge for everything on this card except the black cardstock card base. It's a standard 4.25x5.5 card.


I used all the layers of the parrot to really make him pop out. I also pop dotted the "X marks the spot" just once and sew a button in the middle of the X. The treasure chest is cut in one layer.


For the backgrounds, I used the anchors pattern along with the top note shape on the machine. For the "sand" half circle, I used the parchment patterned paper to cut a circle (also on the machine) than just cut with my paper trimmer. Both patterns from the Buccaneers cartridge.


This cartridge is just so much fun to play with, I'm going to keep finding reasons to do "pirate" projects! :)


On the inside of this card, I used the sentiment stamp "Aye Treasure You" from Pink By Design.
Thanks for cruisin by!


Hugs- Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Nice choice for bird cut! Thanks for your comment on my layout. I am new to posting so not sure how to send responses. Good luck! Lisa

    ReplyDelete