Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Scrapyland Wednesday: Soccer & Coach Inspiration!

Hello! Thanks for stopping by today! If you came over from the Scrapyland Blog- welcome! Feel free to poke around or subscribe to my blog through bloglovin', email or GFC on the right of the page to keep up on my new projects!
Today, I'm featuring some projects I made for the end of my son's first soccer season! Today I used mainly my Silhouette machine and this great jersey die by MFT Die-Namics. Both can be found at Scrapyland searching "jersey" or "silhouette".
I got my inspiration to use the jersey die from cookies I made for all the team members with their jersey numbers on them:
I thought the boys would think it was cool to have their own jersey in a cookie and I was right! They LOVED them and (I have to say) the recipe made really yummy cookies!

I carried the jersey shape over into my projects using the Die-Namics jersey die. What's so great about this die is it looks great on it's own & great when personalized with your player's number &/or name!
I used the matching stamp set from MFT, but you could really use any number & alpha sets that would fit as well as lots of great alphabet & number font die sets! It's also great for lots of sports- it would also look great for a football jersey, volleyball or lots of other sports!


I kept my coach's projects fairly simple so I could make one for each of the 3 coaches as well as one of the dads who happens to be a school counselor & helped my son out a lot by staying on the field with him every time he was on- he was an amazing help!

I tied the jersey die in again on a scrapbook page, using it with my son's name & number to personalize it to him. I also used some great cuts using my Silhouette machine, a soccer ball I sized up to fit along the edge of the page and a great "soccer" title that includes the year already on it! I used some polka dot paper for the numbers to tie in with the round soccer ball. I also stamped a Hero Arts background stamp "Life of Party Dots" (just go to Scrapyland and search "hero art dots") with white pigment ink to keep that dotty theme going along the left side of the page. (This stamp was used on my cards as well)



Again, thanks for stopping by! You can purchase that great jersey die as well as TONS of great metal dies at great prices at Scrapyland. They also carry the Silhouette Cameo machine, which is amazing if you're looking for an electronic die cutter as well!

Hugs, Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment