Monday, October 19, 2009

QKD Welcomes New Designer Melia!

Welcome to a Tuesday special release QKD blog hop! There is a new stamp designer in the house- Melia Newman! Fabulous! I'm thrilled to be part of this special release featuring her Thanksgiving Dragons!
You should have arrived here from Lara. If not, you can start back at the QKD blog so you don't miss anyone's creations! I decided to do an easel card because it was the technique challenge last week on Splitcoast and I didn't get a chance to play along then.
I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder for the base layer of the card front to resemble the scales of the dragons. The image was colored with copics, the dragons dotted with the blender to make them look like they have scales. Are they cute or what!? For the base of the easel I die cut a pumpkin and used some twine thread to sew a button on.

Now here's some info straight from Queen Kat!
The two stamps that we are releasing today are on sale for 30% off as well as the two alphabet stamps that Queen Kat used on the card for the QKD blog today. This sale will last through Sunday. Please come over and join our yahoo group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/qkdstampco/ This is our new newsletter group. If you'd like to get the awesome sale info first, come and join our group!

Here's the blog list for today's special hop incase you lose your place!
QKD blog
Helene's blog
Lara's blog
Kelly's blog
Alex's blog
Meredith's blog
Penny's blog
Vicki's blog
Queen Kat Designs Store

Now hop on over to the fabulous Alex!!!

Hugs- Kelly

11 comments:

  1. I love this. can you email me a template? :) this is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lovin' that easel card (me too on the template) and adore the scales on the dragons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. That is so cool with the textured background and then the texture repeating in the dragons themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the scales all through the card. Especially the way you put them on the dragons. FAB! Easel cards are on my to do list, but just moved higher up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the easel card!!! I'm going to have to try that one out!! beautiful colors and design all around!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the coloring on this card and I want the template also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your colors and the embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome!! I LOVE the scales, swo cute and that easel card is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, the scales of the dragons are fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous card, love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love love love them!!! so cute!

    ReplyDelete