Wednesday, August 17, 2011

August Sparks!


Hello! This month's Sparks challenge at Paper Smooches is an inspirational photo challenge of a beautiful handmade headband with different fabrics laying on a bark background. Beautiful! Lots of inspiration from this! This is my first project taking inspiration from it in using fabric on my card. I used a die cut border from felt, using floss to sew on red buttons in each of the circles before adhering to my acetate card.
I colored the images with pencils/gamisol, cut and adhered with pop dots.
The half circle with the sentiment is adhered on the inside.

I die cut another border out of red paper and adhered to the inside of card so I could use that to write my greeting/signature. When the card is folded tight, you can only see the felt border and the red is hidden behind it.
This is also going for the Fabulous Felt Challenge in the Moxie Fab World!
Thanks for stopping!
Kelly

4 comments:

  1. Kelly, your Santa pup is so adorable and fun! So glad you played along with us at Raise the Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelly what an adorable image! The details are perfect for this sweet pair, I love your soft colors and felt details. Thank you so much for joining in on our dog days of summer challenge at Raise The Bar this week!
    ~*Joni RTB DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kelly! Thanks for linking this up to the Fabulous Felt challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete