Monday, August 8, 2011

Christmas in July- I mean August :)

Hello! I just received a new die w/face stamps from Peachy Keen- the adorable Cottage Cutz penguins die with 2 Peachy Keen faces, sooo cute!
I wanted to make an entry for both the Peachy Keen Tuesday sketch as well as the CottageBLOG Christmas theme challenge, so I combined them both along with The Paper Variety challenge to use more than 4 circles. Whew! :)

The Peachy Keen challenge was the sketch I used as well as the color combo, now looking at it I mabey should have turned the penguins a bit because you can't see the green circles that are behind both their heads, but oh well! :) I stamped the plaid background paper on top using the 3 challenge colors as well and used a Cuttlebug folder to emboss the bottom blue paper. I just hand cut the small white border at the bottom for snow.
The small blue circles are stamped in white with a small snowflake from PTI- the sentiment is from the same set.
The CottageBLOG challenge was a Christmas card, so I couldn't wait to use my new penguins to fit right in with the theme! I used the same challenge colors for their feet/bowtie/buttons/mittens to go with the paper I made.
The Paper Variety challenge to use more than 4 circles just fit right in here because the PK sketch already had a row of circles!

Thanks for stoppin!
Hugs- Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Wow you combined all those challenges beautifully! I love those penguins! Such a cute card! Thanks for joining the PK challenge and the Cottage Cutz challenge! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable!! Don't you just LOVE those die/stamp combo sets! Great job, and thanks so much for joining us for the PKS challenge!

    Hugs,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete